Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Kumaran incident

That afternoon at Kumaran, I was trying to select a salwar. Two men beside me were purchasing a saree, apparently for their sister. Since I was of a similar build and colour, they requested that I permit them to 'test it' on me. One man draped the saree across my shoulder, while the other ran around to the other side to adjust it. Then, just like that, their fingers began roaming over my chest. It took a few seconds before I realised what was happening. I wanted to scream, complain to the salesman; but I found I couldn't speak, just like before; and I stood there with tears in my eyes, staring at the floor, willing my body to move.
Probably it was the salesman's voice - mildly concerned, floating towards me - that jerked me out of my helplessness. I broke away from the counter then, running madly for the door, not caring if people saw my tears.

- what she said.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vidya said...

hmm.. I wonder why people do this... The cheap thrill that they get out of this.. Well i guess we should all be a little careful next time...

January 18, 2006 1:55 AM  
Blogger Karthik said...

U shud have bashed that guy rite there !! That wud have been a lesson to him and the others watching not to ever try such a cheap trick again !!! Sad that u left him

January 20, 2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Similar incidents have happened with me too....Not always we are in a position to oppose....it takes some time to come out of the shock.

February 14, 2006 3:58 AM  
Blogger shakuni said...

karthik,
i wasn't there at the time.

anon,
i really know what you mean.

thanks for leaving your comments.

February 15, 2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Premalatha said...

http://mumbaigirl.blogspot.com/2005/11/why-did-you-touch-her.html

http://egosleeve.net/india/?p=24

February 24, 2006 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home